West Indies 2022

Martinw17

In the most random and coincidental conversation held today I believe Barbados is set to be the first test from the 8th March.. Chap I know has a contact at one of the very largest Travel Operators and he booked his hotel based on their conversations from earlier in the week.

thejester

Very interesting Martin, if your pal has got his information right it will save you a fortune on flights if you are willing to take a punt now. My guess is that the flight prices will double when the venues are finally confirmed. What's your guess on the order of the 3 venues ?

Martinw17

Ive asked him to find out. He's booked his flights and accommodation at the Crystal Cove on the back of the information so he must be confident in what has been said. He's gonna look a plonker if it isnt correct but its come from a very reputable travel agency and I can't imagine they would be wrong.

Heathe59

tomkins1963

Hi
Looking to do this trip to the West Indies hoping for Barbados depending which test it will be....hopefully we will hear something very shortly.
Question is.....are people worried in case we still have to quarantine for 24/48hrs after arriving in Barbados next year?....would it be a problem/spoil the holiday??
Also does this apply to Antigua?

Martinw17

I'm doing a lot of checking on insurance at the moment to ensure as much cover as possible if the trip cannot take place. The current rules for Barbados are understandably quite strict, negative test 2-3 days before needed - test upon arrival and if negative then 5 days are still needed at a govt approved location before a second test is taken and only then may you leave your premises. If those rules are in place then many will be put off but all we can do is hope that the whole world is in a better place.

Luton Cobbler

Given British Airways are offering free amendments or vouchers if cancelling it's worth taking a punt if you are booking a holiday as you will only pay about £150 deposit currently. Appreciate they won't be everyone's first choice but if you can get a good price now before it all goes mad........

I would say Barbados first , Antigua second and as the new WI cricket boss is from St kitts recently appointed ,I would hazard a guess on a smaller venue ..........

tomkins1963

Hi
If staying on the South Coast in Barbados is it easy to get a bus or taxi to the Kensington Oval?
Any idea how much a taxi would cost?
Appreciate any replies/suggestions.

Barbados, St Lucia and Antigua is the running order at the moment.
But knowing the West Indies cricket board it could be changed next week to a beach in Nicaragua with tickets available after the matches are over ...

Agent69

Hi
If staying on the South Coast in Barbados is it easy to get a bus or taxi to the Kensington Oval?
Any idea how much a taxi would cost?
Appreciate any replies/suggestions.
Nearly all of the buses that run along the south coast go to the bus station in the middle of Bridgetown. The Oval is on the main road headed North out of town, but the equivalent bus station for Northbound buses (Cheapside) isn't in the middle of town, it's half way out to the ground.

Cheapest option is a bus into town and walk to the ground, but there are plenty of Taxis in town so you could get one out to the gound if you don't fancy the walk.

Mrneilrobinson

Hi all

Has anyone made any bookings for travel/accommodation yet for this trip or is it still a case of waiting for finalised venues?

Ta

Buffet bowler

I've booked Barbados to cover the first two tests (I have taken a chance). I have just checked my holiday with Virgin and the hotel is fully booked until the day after the first test is over. Coincidence or not?

Heathe59

I've booked Barbados to cover the first two tests (I have taken a chance). I have just checked my holiday with Virgin and the hotel is fully booked until the day after the first test is over. Coincidence or not?
Which hotel is that ? I see The time out is fully booked on Virgin but still available to book direct

Buffet bowler

Barbados Beach Club
It could be a coincidence but quite a few are saying the first test is in Barbados. I just hope they are right.