Sri Lanka tickets

YorkshireHat

Personally I'd avoid Eticketing like the plague. They failed to deliver day 1 tickets for Cape Town and 2 of our friends didnt get informed until after 1 hours play on day 1.

Tickets will go on sale via the cricket Lanka website.

DC Burnside

Hi Guys, any advice advice for getting tickets to both games? I know they can be purchased from etickets but at about £45. Happy to do that but don't want to be in a restricted area or something where I can get to the rest of the England fans etc.

Can anyone shed some light on what their plans are? Many thanks
This is the only reason I havent purchased on that site. I'm just looking for some sort of confirmation that if I buy the $45 option, I wont be stuck in that stand for the duration. I'll pull the trigger if you find out so please let me know if you do.

DC Burnside

This is the only reason I havent purchased on that site. I'm just looking for some sort of confirmation that if I buy the $45 option, I wont be stuck in that stand for the duration. I'll pull the trigger if you find out so please let me know if you do.
FYI webchat for eticketing indicates these tickets dont allow for walking the ground. Apparently will be closed off.

Not going to purchase if that's truly the case. Hopefully another option materializes.

DC Burnside

Personally I'd avoid Eticketing like the plague. They failed to deliver day 1 tickets for Cape Town and 2 of our friends didnt get informed until after 1 hours play on day 1.

Tickets will go on sale via the cricket Lanka website.
What is the cricket lanka site? do you have a link?

Gowthamb

We are planning an independent holiday to Sri Lanka in March. What is the best way to buy tickets for the first three days of the Galle test match? Can we buy at the ground, or do we need to purchase through expensive ticket agency?
(We are UK citizens). Many thanks to anyone who can advise.
https://lk.bookmyshow.com/sports/
This is the website where SLC is selling their tickets. Maximum tickets that could be purchased is 10. Still SLC hasn't started selling tickets.

Bishbash

A few people have mentioned ringing ahead to the accommodation and asking the staff to sort you out tickets ahead of your arrival. Has anyone successfully done this and how much did it cost. Or is it something you do last minute.

Shirantha

Hi,

Will be my first England game abroad. We are travelling Sri Lanka for 3 and a bit weeks and will be in Galle for the first day. Staying in Unawatuna so looking to see if my accommodation will sort some tickets out for me, if not i'll try and grab one on the day. Random question, do many Welsh follow England Cricket away?
Hi, I'm from Galle. You are welcome to Sri Lanka. Would love to hangout and share a beer with barmy army people. If you like text me.

daveshaw74

Foreign Office advising not to fly out, SL Govt have closed to all from UK.
We are currently in Sri Lanka on an independently arranged holiday to include the cricket. My return flight on 24th March has been cancelled, but I did manage to secure tickets from Colombo to Heathrow via Muscat on Oman Airlines last night, flying on 21st March. Price was reasonable at 69,444 LKR (around £296). Appeared to be plenty of seats.

Andyboughton

We are currently in Sri Lanka on an independently arranged holiday to include the cricket. My return flight on 24th March has been cancelled, but I did manage to secure tickets from Colombo to Heathrow via Muscat on Oman Airlines last night, flying on 21st March. Price was reasonable at 69,444 LKR (around £296). Appeared to be plenty of seats.
Who was your return flight with that got cancelled? I’m out here to but flight back on 23rd is still going ahead at the moment