Sri Lanka Tickets 2020

Andyboughton

Evening all,

Will be making my first trip over to Sri Lanka for the Galle Test next month.
Anyone who has been before know when tickets are likely to be out? Or best way to get them?

Thanks in advance

acanning

Administrator
Staff member
You can purchase tickets at the moment at https://www.eticketing.co/sports-tickets/england-vs-sri-lanka-tickets/ but will pay around $60 minimum per day. These tickets are being sold by SLCs official ticket handler/distributor who have once again hiked the price up for visiting supporters

Alternatively, you can travel without a ticket and visit the grounds ticket office prior to the Test starting where we understand cheaper tickets will be available to purchase for what is regarded as the ‘local’ price. There are no guarantees on this but this is purely speaking from BA experience.

YorkshireHat

You can purchase tickets at the moment at https://www.eticketing.co/sports-tickets/england-vs-sri-lanka-tickets/ but will pay around $60 minimum per day. These tickets are being sold by SLCs official ticket handler/distributor who have once again hiked the price up for visiting supporters

Alternatively, you can travel without a ticket and visit the grounds ticket office prior to the Test starting where we understand cheaper tickets will be available to purchase for what is regarded as the ‘local’ price. There are no guarantees on this but this is purely speaking from BA experience.
Just to add a little warning on Etickets. They failed to provide day 1 tickets for Cape Town but didnt inform you until after play had started. I understand it may have been problems outside their control, but paying over the odds prices and not receiving the goods doesn't sit well with me.

Buy on the day.
Or pay a local to do it for you in advance.
Or bribe someone on a gate.They all take backhanders.
Just don't pay the full rip-off price.

Chris1066

They should be very careful about pricing out the Brits, especially at Galle where in my experience we form some seven eighths of the crowd. In November 2018 we had tickets for the air con marquee which worked out at £37 Inc four small beers worth no more than £3. The marquee is crap because you watch through heavy plastic sheeting: the view is indistinct and there is little or no sound from the field of play. Most of us elected to move outside. There must be a point at which even the Barmies will say that enough is enough. No chance I'll go back at these prices.

Sri Lanka is a great country though and worth the trip for those who've never been.We've had contacts locally for years so always get in the grounds for virtually nothing.
Tbh at Galle the craic on the fort was even better than being in the ground although it is still the only place I know where you can leave the ground with a pass-out ticket at lunch and be in the sea within a couple of minutes.

DC Burnside

They should be very careful about pricing out the Brits, especially at Galle where in my experience we form some seven eighths of the crowd. In November 2018 we had tickets for the air con marquee which worked out at £37 Inc four small beers worth no more than £3. The marquee is crap because you watch through heavy plastic sheeting: the view is indistinct and there is little or no sound from the field of play. Most of us elected to move outside. There must be a point at which even the Barmies will say that enough is enough. No chance I'll go back at these prices.
When you say moved outside, were you able to wander into the grass bank areas?

Gowthamb

Hi all,
I am from Sri Lanka and I am great Fan of English Cricket Team. I would like to help you all to get the tickets. https://lk.bookmyshow.com/sports/
This is the official website where SLC is selling their tickets. Maximum tickets that could be purchased is 10. Still SLC hasn't started selling tickets. I am happy to help you in any ways.

Shirantha

Evening all,

Will be making my first trip over to Sri Lanka for the Galle Test next month.
Anyone who has been before know when tickets are likely to be out? Or best way to get them?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
I'm from Galle in Sri Lanka. I'd like to hangout with a barmyarmy. If you like reply me.

Dankzy

Relax everyone, always the same with SL. Posturing over the price of tickets then the fact you can happily watch from the fort for free tends to focus a few minds and sanity prevails. It’ll be as great as ever.