Rob

Karen m

Can anyone help me, I have a family member in Sri Lanka with the barmy army and I need to get him home before the airport’s shut
? Very worried 😟

Karen m

He’s with 9 other lads and need to get him back to Blackpool but I’m having difficulty booking flights for all 9. Can’t get hold of the embassy
Please help x

swanners

Hi Karen. Few Questions.
Do you have any direct contact with your family member.
When are the return flights booked for and what airline.
Doe's he have the means to receive emails, either to his phone or hotel in Sri Lanka.
Do you have his relevant passport details.
Reply I'll try and help.

Karen m

Hi Andy thank you
Yes I can contact him via WhatsApp
He flew with emirates
His flight was booked for next week
I will phone him now and get all details
Thank u so much I’m beside myself with panic and worry x

swanners

ok.
Few things you can do.
Try and contact Emirates, or the booking agent used, you'll need flight details, booking number, and reservation number this will probably be a series of letters, ie RVYLND. They may allow a flight change although there may be a charge.
Also for peace of mind go to www.airport.sl You'll find a menu with flight departure details, times etc, it will also show if the flight is still running or cancelled. I looked on this site this morning and it showed details up to Sunday, so you may have to wait until the day of flight next week becomes available.
Alternatively you could book what flights are available from some one like Skyscanner. Then send the details to your Family member.
By the way its Swanners, not Andy, but not to worry.

swanners

Karen.
I've tried to email " Rob " but it bounced back, can you please check the email address you sent. To try and calm your nerves, I've just checked on SL airport website, its showing all Emirates flights up to Wednesday next week still go !
There are no listings as yet after Wednesday.
Swanners

swanners

Hi Karen.
I've had a reply from Rob. They've managed to change flights and are due to fly back on Sunday evening, so should land in UK, Monday morning.
Walk in sunshine, Swanners.

Karen m

Thank you for all your help swanners, really nice of you to go out of your way I massively appreciate it
Take care
Stay safe x