Dan Campbell Explains Impact of Illness

seestyle

After 21 players mi sed practice on Thursday due to injuries and the flu, Lions head coach Dan Campbell and his ailing roster are getting players back in action on Friday.Were gonna go out and practice today, Campbell said. Weve got a lot of our guys back, we got them out of the infirmary.Many of the players had mi sed both Wednesday and Thursdays practices. Among the players who mi sed due to illne s were Jermar Jefferson, Jared Goff and Levi Onwuzurike. Campbell announced Monday that the team Bryan Little Jersey was dealing with a non-COVID illne s outbreak. Two players have been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list: cornerback Bobby Price and center Evan Brown.The Lions did walk-throughs with different units coming in at different times. Campbell said that only three or four players would be out of practice with illne s Friday, a sign that the team had handled it well. Were getting a lot back, Campbell said. Campbell was optimistic about guys returning to health before the team takes on Denver Sunday. You do feel like, were on the tail end of it with a number of these guys, Campbell said. Guys are coming back, and theyre out there practicing. So, youd like to feel like that it was a step in the right direction. How illne s impacted game prepThe Lions face a unique challenge Sunday when they travel to Denver. Not only are the Broncos a hungry team, but they have a special home-field advantage when it comes to the elevation. Drew Stafford Jersey With Detroit having practiced little due to the illne s breakout, the team has little time to get ready. Scroll to ContinueWere just big on, they gotta be able to hydrate, they gotta be able to rest, Campbell said. It wont be grueling, well rotate the reps with some of these guys so theyre getting the work. But, its not too much, and then, theyll get some live reps, just a couple. And then, look, its the altitude, but there again, we got oxygen over there. Well be fine. Shawn Matthias Jersey Campbell said the turbulence of this week will test the maturity of his team.The team has weathered the storm, and now will be put to the test coming off the limited week. I just bring this up, its like just because were young, doesnt mean were immature, Campbell said. I wanna hope and feel like weve grown and were growing up and we can handle this. And you know what, we have to. Weve just preached to our guys, man, theres no excuses. Tyler Myers Jersey Theres just results. Nobody cares. NotesThe Lions will face T.J. Hockensons former Iowa teammate Noah Fant, who starts at tight end for the Broncos. Fant has caught 49 pa ses for 424 yards and three scores in 2021.Hes got length, hes got speed, hes explosive, Campbell said. It was funny, because I remember when he was coming out, he was more raw than Hock was. But, I think hes a factor, and hes got so much better at blocking. For him to be able to mix it up in the pa s game, but then hes got the speed to hurt you down the seam.The Broncos will be playing with heavy hearts Sunday, as former wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was found dead Thursday night in his home. Thomas, a four-time Pro Bowler, was 33 years old.Its another one of those, man, when Superman becomes mortal, Campbell said. Its kind of hard. You just think somebody like him would live foreverI dont know him personally, but everybody just talks about the impact he had on so many lives.Running back DAndre Swift is trending toward mi sing his second consecutive game with a shoulder sprain. I would say its unlikely, Campbell Mathieu Perreault Jersey said.