Cape Town tickets

Burg70

Travelling over for the test match. Will be the fourth time, first went with the Barmy Army to Durban & CT in 2004/5, next 3 inc this one independently.
The ground development has completely thrown us & we, for the first time out there have no match tickets.
We've seen them going for 10-15 times face value on ticket exchange sites, any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris26960

I am in the same predicament and have the wife with me who is not interested in the cricket so I dont want to pay stupid money for her to read a book. Is there a creche I can book her in? There were single tickets in different parts of the ground and wondered if we could sit on the grass bank instead? Any ideas? Thanks

stevenmj

I have the same problem. My wife and I are travelling; flight and accommodation booked months ago; and I was told I would have no trouble getting tickets only to find out the game is sold out. We have Port Elisabeth tickets for all days so thats not a problem but I cant believe we are travelling all the way to Cape Town to watch the game on the telly.

Burg70

That was me in 2010 & 2016. Missus came & read a book , not a problem at about £8 a ticket. I think the main grass bank where around 4000 or so would normally congregate is out of use. Capacity has been cut by 5k apparently hence why it sold out & tickets so scarce.

AndyBarmyArmy

Administrator
Capacity at Newlands has been cut significantly. The Grass Bank where traditionally the Barmy Army have congregated has been sold for private development (!). I’m sure this is due to Western Province CC struggling to make ends meet. In January 2016 the Test was sold out for the first three days so it is no surprise that with a reduced capacity this Test would sell out as well. English touts will be out in force but before resorting to that try the Barmy Army HQs, join the dedicated BA Facebook group when live and monitor Twitter for face value sales. If you HAVE to buy from a tout be prepared to lose at least half a session. They make most of their money prior to play starting and will want to shift any spares and are more likely to be open to negotiation.

Burg70

Capacity at Newlands has been cut significantly. The Grass Bank where traditionally the Barmy Army have congregated has been sold for private development (!). I’m sure this is due to Western Province CC struggling to make ends meet. In January 2016 the Test was sold out for the first three days so it is no surprise that with a reduced capacity this Test would sell out as well. English touts will be out in force but before resorting to that try the Barmy Army HQs, join the dedicated BA Facebook group when live and monitor Twitter for face value sales. If you HAVE to buy from a tout be prepared to lose at least half a session. They make most of their money prior to play starting and will want to shift any spares and are more likely to be open to negotiation.

Unless I've got this wrong ? They're building 4 office blocks on the grass bank, I cant even see any mention of replacement seating ?
Bloody ridiculous, one of the most beautiful cricket grounds in the world & they're doing that?, dear oh dear. very sad. . Loved that ground, spent many a happy day on the bank. 11,000 England fans in the ground in 2005 & it was brilliant on there

Rob K

I have the same problem. My wife and I are travelling; flight and accommodation booked months ago; and I was told I would have no trouble getting tickets only to find out the game is sold out. We have Port Elisabeth tickets for all days so thats not a problem but I cant believe we are travelling all the way to Cape Town to watch the game on the telly.

Rob K

Travelling over for the test match. Will be the fourth time, first went with the Barmy Army to Durban & CT in 2004/5, next 3 inc this one independently.
The ground development has completely thrown us & we, for the first time out there have no match tickets.
We've seen them going for 10-15 times face value on ticket exchange sites, any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
How many tickets you need Burg?Iit is likely we will have some spare ones But I have also overbooked for PE so will be selling those as a package 210 each for CPT days 1-3 and !00 each for PE days 1-4

Rob K

I am in the same predicament and have the wife with me who is not interested in the cricket so I dont want to pay stupid money for her to read a book. Is there a creche I can book her in? There were single tickets in different parts of the ground and wondered if we could sit on the grass bank instead? Any ideas? Thanks
Chris I may have spares but I also over booked for PE so selling them as a package days 1-3 210 rand each and PE at 100 each days 1-4

Rob K

How many tickets you need Burg?Iit is likely we will have some spare ones But I have also overbooked for PE so will be selling those as a package 210 each for CPT days 1-3 and !00 each for PE days 1-4
thats rand btw not pounds lol

Bungle

Hi Rob. If you do have spares for Cape Town most likely interested. Just checking if a friend out at centurion has got me some. Just one ticket for each day.

Rob K

O
Hi Rob. If you do have spares for Cape Town most likely interested. Just checking if a friend out at centurion has got me some. Just one ticket for each day.
Ok let me know I'm collecting the tickets on 1st so if you still need one can meet up in the evening we are staying in Long Street

Rob K

Steven looks like I will have 2 spare for days 1-3 President stand lower cost 210 rand each but... I'm bundling them with spares I have for PE also for days 1-4 at 100 rand each or 60 rand if you are senior citizen. Let me know if you are interested
Rob

Bungle

O

Ok let me know I'm collecting the tickets on 1st so if you still need one can meet up in the evening we are staying in Long Street

Ok. Will know in next hour about the others, so will confirm. I arrive on 2 January staying in same part of town.

Burg70

Rob I think my mate & I are sorted, albeit we've paid a lot more than that if tickets come through. I'm flying in to CT on the 2nd & going straight to see guy to hopefully collect
If there is a problem & you still have some? we'll definitely take the CT ones, got a couple of other mates who are ticketless too

Rob K

Rob I think my mate & I are sorted, albeit we've paid a lot more than that if tickets come through. I'm flying in to CT on the 2nd & going straight to see guy to hopefully collect
If there is a problem & you still have some? we'll definitely take the CT ones, got a couple of other mates who are ticketless too
Ideally I would like to move them on before the 2nd if I haven't by then I'll let you know

Bungle

Hi Rob .... no word from Centurion, so will take a single for days 1-3 off you if still ok? Have sent you a private message.

Chris26960

Hi . I have tickets for day 4 but need 2 tickets for day 3. We arrive in CT on the Saturday lunchtime so could collect any that evening or on the Morning of the day 3 if thats ok? Thanks Chris

Rob K

Hi . I have tickets for day 4 but need 2 tickets for day 3. We arrive in CT on the Saturday lunchtime so could collect any that evening or on the Morning of the day 3 if thats ok? Thanks Chris
Chris ideally I'd like to move them on as a block but...if you have any spares for day 4 we need 3 tickets

Chris26960

Rob. Ok no problem. I will try to get some when we are there. Sorry no spare tickets for day 4, I bought mine from viagogo. Thanks Chris