Cape Town test

Williamc

I did the Cape Town Test in 2005. Follow the local advice on how to get around e.g. Only use properly licenced cabs; don't wander off and get lost because it's FAR too easy to get into unsafe areas. Go up Table Mountain, take a trip down to Cape Point (visiting the penguins at Boulders!), eat Warthog, do a safari park, the restaurants and bars on the V&A Waterfront etc etc

It's awesome. Easily the best holiday I've had despite England getting hammered.

Richard

Long Street in Cape Town is excellent for bars / restaurants, and was safe to walk around in when I visited four years ago. Well worth getting out to Stellenbosch and Franschhoek - a vineyard trip is always a good day out. If you like animals then a safari park trip is a must. Which cities will you be visiting?

Williamc

If you're into top notch restaurants then Quay Four on the V&A Waterfront is outstanding. Glorious local seafood and other excellent stuff. It's brilliant. Best to book for the upstairs restaurant.

Food is an important part of visiting SA and if you''re adventurous then the menus are full of excellent weird stuff like antelope, ostrich, kudu and the aforementioned awesome warthog. Don't wimp out and stick to stuff you know because you'll be missing out on the great weird stuff :oops:

Bluestu

cape town is wonderful, just don't wear anything flash like smart watches etc, same anywhere really.from cape town get the train to newlands, takes 20mins and costs a quid, for lunch, get a pass oput and visit the railway carriage bar behind railway end of ground. long street, waterfront fabulous and if you're there for new years eve get down early

Simon Edmunds

1st visit to SA for me so have any experienced members got advice to enhance the trip?
First visit to SA for me also so you're not alone, luckily my wife and I are staying in Cape Town for two weeks so we'll have plenty of time to explore, we're going to get a three day pass for the sight seeing 'HOHO' bus, covers all routes and is cheap when bought online in advance.

Twonko

Am in Cape Town for 9 days incl the test and then off on Safari for a few days. Is my first time in SA and would like advice on the best SIM card option. I have an unlocked phone and only need data. Suggestions much appreciated.