Barmy Army CC game at Newlands!

Deano

Would love to play. Early 40's. Have played 3's cricket in the Surrey Championship but now just play friendlies. Just arrived in SA from the tour of NZ. Will be here for the whole SA tour.

shortyKTFC

Hey guys! Hope i haven't missed the boat! Would love a game (either opposition - doesn't matter). Have played with ya in the UK and Sri Lanka... would love to tick another country off! Also happy to umpy and be camera man again.

Fingers crossed!

Shorty

Bobbyc137

I would love to play. 28 years old, currently play club cricket. Used to play junior levels at Surrey. Batsman who's willing to run fine leg to fine leg :). My old man will also be in Cape Town and is willing to umpire if required. He does it down in the Cornish Prem each week in the summer.

Doctor Richard

When will anyone here whether they have a game or not? Started packing for Newlands and it would be great to know if I need my whites or not!

Twonko

Don't want to play (too old, too knackered, too lazy, too useless), but would love to come along and support. I've done the Aussie one in Melbourne against the convicts and that's a great event. Since we don't know when the test match will end, I guess the date and time aren't known yet. Can someone post info here as soon as the details are known. Am a BA member, but travelling with Gullivers this tour (my mate booked it). Cheers

Smudger

Available. Current Bishop's Stortford XI player when not playing golf. Decent fielder for a 52 year old, can get a quick 50 or even quicker duck dependent on quality of bowling & hangover recovery. Will bowl, only if absolutely required. BA Gold Member & can't wait for proceedings to start next week.

Petermcdermott

I would absolutely love to play. Played for Leeds MCCU and currently play in the Essex premier league. Have been described as England’s answer to Vernon Philander.

Joe Aylott

Would love to be involved in either game at Newlands. Play club cricket in Essex and played when at university in Birmingham. Was in Barbados last year and Sydney and Melbourne the year before but unfortunately didn’t play for you there.

Most looking forward to the test at Newlands and some horse racing at Kenilworth once England have the test wrapped up!

Leathers

We have arranged to play a Barmy Army CC v Amla Army T20 match at Newlands the day after the test match finishes...on the test match strip! This should be a great experience for everyone including those who play in the game and fellow members and supporters who come down and support.

Any First Class members interested in playing in the game please post below and give a brief intro into your cricketing background and experience and let us know what your most looking forward to in South Africa!

As always with these games...the focus is fun and enjoyment so you don't have to be Joe Root to get a game but clearly if we are over-subscribed with requests we will have to select the team randomly.

Hi any news when team selection will be please??

Duffers

Yes please guys. I did email a few weeks ago. I am a right arm over swing bowler and left hand bat of over 30 years club cricket experience.

Put me in the hat please

OliverDeed

A late hand up in the air to play. Played in Barbados and playing thirds cricket these days (badly). Would love a bat on the hallowed turf!

Duffers

Any update?

The Mrs quite rightly said we need to know if we can plan anything for the 8th. And you did say you would decide today lads/lasses?

Shoeburger

Would love the chance to play. Have played with a few of the talksport guys before so happy to play for them if you need any one! Cheers Kieran Shew! Batsman/Spin bowler.

Matt Kent

Brilliant what’s the details and times to turn up etc??
Wow...cant believe my name has been pulled out!! Cant wait!! Back at our hotel we have been asked to appear on This Morning tomorrow morning so will make sure The Army and the game get a mention! I have limited access to my phone here but will be at Day 4 and 5 so see you there or drop me a message to confirm details for the big game! (07711 801495). Cheers all...and come on England!!!