Barmy Army CC game at Newlands!

acanning

Administrator
Staff member
We have arranged to play a Barmy Army CC v Amla Army T20 match at Newlands the day after the test match finishes...on the test match strip! This should be a great experience for everyone including those who play in the game and fellow members and supporters who come down and support.

Any First Class members interested in playing in the game please post below and give a brief intro into your cricketing background and experience and let us know what your most looking forward to in South Africa!

As always with these games...the focus is fun and enjoyment so you don't have to be Joe Root to get a game but clearly if we are over-subscribed with requests we will have to select the team randomly.

YorkshireHat

What an experience this would be, I'd love to be considered. Turn 50 tomorrow, played at different levels throughout my life as a pudding throwing bowler. Still involved now at local level playing in divisions 3, 5 and 6. Spent the last few years bringing on junior players.

As for Cape Town, it's a meeting with an ex army colleague from 25 years ago, who now lives there which I'm looking forward to along with Table Mountain and Shark Diving.

Leathers

I would love to play I have been playing over 20 years and currently still play in the South Wales premier league can bat and keep wicket if required looking forward to cape to spend time with friends watch the cricket and sample the local food and drink and table mountain

Last edited:

Doctor Richard

I'd like to play if at all possible. I've been a University, League and (more recently) friendly level cricketer. In the more distant past I've played at The Rose (now Ageas) Bowl, The County Ground at Southampton and Derby and at Darley Dale. Now I'm (almost) 62 it's slow bowling and grinding batting. But if possible, count me in!

Boycie29

I'd love to play. Left arm bowler (was fast, but now 50) and Left hand bat. Still play regularly for Caldy CC on the Wirral in the Liverpool & District League. Been a BA member for 10 years (now lifetime) but this is my 1st trip away. Looking forward to visiting the winelands & Table Mountain and singing along with the crowd at Newlands.

MitchWalk

Played since I was 10 years of age, only at village standard though. I’m 26 now. I have a disability where I only have the use of my right arm so I’m predominantly a bowler. I played for Essex’s Ability team this year too.

Simon Edmunds

I'd love to get involved and take part, I've never been to South Africa so this would be the highlight of the trip. I currently play club cricket in the Worcester Cricket League.

Sophie

Tiny is having problems logging in but would like to play in the TalkSport game please if you can add him to the list....old rivals!

MattWillis

Great to see the forum back!
I’d love to play in either of the games at Newlands, I’m a 1st class member. Currently 24, play in the North East premier league. Right arm off spinner and middle order bat!
Cheers, Matt.

todd

Keen to play on the iconic ground! Played a bit of cricket way back (not superstar level), generally dust off the whites once every year or two...

Paulhampshire

We have arranged to play a Barmy Army CC v Amla Army T20 match at Newlands the day after the test match finishes...on the test match strip! This should be a great experience for everyone including those who play in the game and fellow members and supporters who come down and support.

Any First Class members interested in playing in the game please post below and give a brief intro into your cricketing background and experience and let us know what your most looking forward to in South Africa!

As always with these games...the focus is fun and enjoyment so you don't have to be Joe Root to get a game but clearly if we are over-subscribed with requests we will have to select the team randomly.
Hi. I would like to join please. Played previous in australia. Paul

YORKSHIRE 15

Played in Nidderdale league (Harrogate,Ripon and Surronding area) for many a year,Wicket Keeper and Left hand bat,Some experience it would be,Was there when Stokesy and Johnny went Barmy with bat in 2016,Then finish it off with a 🍺 or 2 lol