Are we all going to get quarantined?

Dankzy

Very confused article. The risk is that they decide they don’t want us coming in and bringing disease. I would suggest this is unlikely. They’d have to basically close their borders

alextwilson

Meeting with @PresRajapaksa & officials to review containment plans for #COVID19 :
1. Cancellation of Visa on Arrival
2. 14day Quarantine of all arrivals from #Italy #Iran & #SKorea 3. 14day Self-Quarantine of all arrivals in #LKA
4. stock-up on essential meds
Can anyone from the BA staff confirm if they've had anything relayed to them by the authorities following this? I am supposed to fly out tomorrow and suffice to say am now terrified of turning up and being quarantined. I have an online visa sorted already...

TEGF on Tour

We're probably on the same flight as you tomorrow. I'm more concerned that we won't be going anywhere, as India has stopped granting people in the country for 30 days from tomorrow...

alextwilson

I'm on the 20:30 out of Heathrow to Doha, then a flight onto Colombo. The fact the ukgov Sri Lanka page hasn't updated anything either suggests we're OK? Again, this is a nightmares

Adrian Williams

...on same Qatar flight next Sunday(22) to SL and hoping to get to Second Test match in Colombo...not sure what the situation will be next week before I fly...but obviously don't want to waste time and be put into isolation when I arrive, have online visa, but assume that the SL Immigration don't inform you if their Government changes it's stance on UK visitors?

TEGF on Tour

...on same Qatar flight next Sunday(22) to SL and hoping to get to Second Test match in Colombo...not sure what the situation will be next week before I fly...but obviously don't want to waste time and be put into isolation when I arrive, have online visa, but assume that the SL Immigration don't inform you if their Government changes it's stance on UK visitors?
Just have to keep an eye on FCO and news.

Cubanpete

Arrived today. Keep hold of your boarding passes (including the one on your previous flight) as they were checking them for you to get off the plane. Guard of honour from the army and medical staff when you disembark the plan. Paperwork to fill in on the plane, but other than that no worries getting in today (unless you've been to China South Korea or Italy in last 14 days). A lot of people wearing masks though.

Jim156

Evening folks, just wanting to check (maybe cubanpete you can help) with the visa thing, if you have the email stating ETA approval with an ETA number things are good? (Done online before departure) At the moment! Asking as might help other forum readers make a decision. We're already in India and travelling Sunday whatever, just hope the test goes ahead 💪😎

Cubanpete

Evening folks, just wanting to check (maybe cubanpete you can help) with the visa thing, if you have the email stating ETA approval with an ETA number things are good? (Done online before departure) At the moment! Asking as might help other forum readers make a decision. We're already in India and travelling Sunday whatever, just hope the test goes ahead 💪😎
Got ETA approval whilst I was in the UK, so got through immigration control. Just make sure you don't cough or sneeze when you come off the plane.