How to Write an Article Abstract: a Quick Guide
The abstract is not the introduction of the article or its conclusion. It is a gross mistake to use only the mentioned sections. Annotation is an advertisement, a resume. A person with limited time will first use write my papers
to write it and only then decide whether to spend time reading the article itself. For this reason, it is worth paying attention to its compilation. Even an interesting article can be underestimated due to an illiterately written annotation.
What is annotation, its purpose
If you need to briefly describe the article. An abstract is a short description of an article that includes:
- description of the problem considered in the work;
- research objectives;
- methods used in its implementation;
- ways to solve the problem;
It is not necessary to use all subsections, it all depends on the required volume. Most often, one or two sentences are allocated for each subsection when you're trying to edit my paper online
well. The average size is 500 characters. The main thing is to convey to the reader the essence of the article and provide a short description of it. The main purpose of the annotation is to interest the person and convince him to read the author's work. Many people underestimate its importance, although it serves the following functions, letting the reader know:
- what the article is about;
- is it worth spending time on it;
- target audience of the article.
Annotation can be written using existing templates. There are templates for writing annotations. They usually use standardized phrases, including:
- "The work was considered / studied / presented ..."
- "Particular attention is paid to ..."
- "The topic is revealed in detail ..."
- "As a result of research ..."
In fact, there are many similar phrases. Here is a short list for understanding the style in which the annotation is written.
Types of annotations
There are several types of annotation, and they all depend on the classification criterion. In relation to the article, they are:
- Descriptive - do not evaluate the article, but only describe: who the author is, the characteristics of his works, how they are remarkable, the characteristics of the article (when it was written, what problem is raised in it).
- Recommendations - express their attitude towards the author and his work. In the course of the description, an assessment of the author and the characteristics of his activities is added. You are recommended or not recommended to read the article.
If you want to buy assignment
make sure it is reaching the target audience:
- General - written in simple language and understood by a wide range of readers. They express the main idea of the work and characterize the entire article.
- Specialized - designed for a narrow circle of readers. In other words, for people who already understand the subject under study. Their attention is presented to the most interesting issues raised in the article, and not to the general idea, which is already clear to them.
By volume, annotations are short and detailed. In this characteristic, the difference is in the volume and in how much the article is described in detail. Annotation can be both specialized and recommendatory. It all depends on how (in what style) the abstract to the article is written and to which audience it is addressed.
Group Writing Projects In Universities And Schools
Why Projects Are Useful for Schoolchildren
How to Write a Progress Report Correctly, an Example for Beginners
The Most Important Reporting Requirements
What Is a Thesis Plan, an Example of Drawing Up a Thesis Plan?